[Updated on 22 April 2020]
Latest Ministry of Health information on COVID-19 - Click here for the information in English.
Latest Ministry of Health information on COVID-19 - Click here for the information in Simplified Chinese.
Latest Ministry of Health information on COVID-19 - Click here for the information in other languages.
Information on caring for people at home in self-isolation - Click here
Information about wearing a mask - Click here
Latest Ministry of Health information on influenza - Click here
Vulnerable patients, those eligible for a free flu vaccine, will be seen as a priority in light of current events. We will be seeing other patients from April 27th. Please do not turn up expecting to jump the queue. Criteria for a free vaccine can be found here.
There are several good hygiene practices that you can employ to reduce the risk of catching, and spreading, infections and viruses.
Ways you can slow down the spread of infections include the following:
- Get the appropriate vaccine, most medical centres will promote these at the time that infections are circulating
- Wash your hands frequently, use hand sanitiser between opportunities to wash your hands
- Use a tissue, or cough and sneeze into your arm or the crook of your elbow, not your hands
- Turn away from other people when coughing or sneezing, even if using a tissue or your arm
- Use single-use tissues, dispose of the tissue immediately
- Wash your hands or use sanitiser after coughing, sneezing or using tissues
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth (these are easy entry points for viruses)
- Do not share cutlery or glasses, plates, or cups
- Stay out of the kitchen or food prep areas if feeling unwell
- Disinfect children’s toys frequently (use hard surface toys)
Additional measures for the workplace:
- Ensure staff have access to tissues
- Provide hand sanitisers
- Remove magazines and papers from waiting areas and staff rooms
- Ensure ventilation systems are working correctly
- Reminding staff to not share cups, glasses, dishes and cutlery
- Ensure that cutlery and crockery are washed in soap and hot water after use