Riccarton Clinic, supported by Christchurch Primary Health Organisation, provides a free Mobile nursing service targeting those enrolled patients. If you meet eligibility criteria, you may be referred by the general practice team to this service.
The Mobile registered nurse coordinates disease specific screenings, e.g., cervical screening. - The Mobile Nursing service is an extension of our own General Practice and supports us to provide a free service for eligible people. The service is provided at the general practice and sometimes in the community. The Mobile Nurse can assist with the following:
- Assisting people to reduce barriers to health care.
- Screening checks e.g., cervical, cardiovascular and diabetes.
- Linking with additional support services.
- Providing physical health checks for people with serious mental illness and/or addictions.
- Assisting people to develop self-management skills for their health.
- Smoking cessation.
- Health education.