These Online payment terms apply to the use of the online payment transaction service (the service) for the payment of certain types of transactions conducted with Riccarton Clinic from time to time.
These Online payment terms constitute a contract between you and Riccarton Clinic (the Clinic). Please read them carefully. You may either accept or decline the terms as indicated at the bottom of this page, but to make payment using the service you must accept the terms by clicking "I Accept".
Please note that the Online payment terms may be altered or added to by the Clinic at any time that the Clinic determines necessary, with or without notice. Please, therefore, ensure that you read the terms carefully on each occasion that you use the service.
Online payment terms
1. You may use the service for the purposes of making payments to the Clinic where the Clinic offers the service, provided that you do not:
- In any way damage or disrupt the service/operation of the service.
- Use the service for any unauthorised or unlawful purpose.
2. You warrant that: You are aged 18 or over
- You have the appropriate authority to validly accept the Online payment terms and are able to and will meet your obligations in relation to these terms.
- The credit card used in connection with the service is issued in your name.
- You will pay the credit card issuer all charges incurred in the use of the service.
- The information supplied by you is true and correct.
3. Payment may be made using only Visa or MasterCard credit cards.
4. The Clinic is not directly involved in the online payment but through a third party service provider. Credit card information is neither supplied to nor stored by us.
5. All charges are in New Zealand Dollars and inclusive of GST (if any).
6. All payments must be paid in full.
7. Upon completing a transaction using the service, you will be presented with a confirmation screen verifying the transaction details you wish to process. It is your responsibility to verify that all transaction information and other details are correct. The Clinic shall have no liability for transactions which are incorrect as a result of inaccurate data entry in the course of the use of the service or for loss of data or information caused by factors beyond the Clinic's control.
8. Once a payment has been made it cannot be cancelled.
9. The Clinic accepts no responsibility for refusal or reversal of payments, which shall be a matter between you and your credit card issuer.
Provision/collection of information
10. You acknowledge that the credit card information supplied by you in relation to the use of the service is processed through a secure third party website. The only information supplied to the Clinic via the third party website is:
- The name of the payer.
- The reference/invoice number, if given.
- The payer's email address and date of birth (for validation purposes).
- The payment amount.
11. By using the Service you agree:
- To provide information through electronic means, ie you agree to provide any relevant information, in the format and to the standards described for each transaction.
- That the information supplied by you will be retained in electronic form.
- To receive information through electronic means.
13. Requests for refunds must be made in writing together with proof that you have paid more than the outstanding amount. Requests for refunds must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to the Clinic at PO Box 6081, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch 8442. If your request for a refund is granted the amount will be transferred to your nominated bank account.
14. If you dispute the outstanding amount on your account please contact the Clinic. A feedback form is available to download on the Riccarton Clinic website. Forms are also available in the Reception area of the Clinic. Feedback can also be given on email@example.com
Exclusion/limitation of the Clinic's liability
15. Payments using the service are made through a secure third party website. However, you acknowledge and agree that Internet transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be entirely secure or private and any information provided by you (including credit card information) may be able to be read and/or intercepted by a third party. The Clinic shall have no liability for the interception and/or 'hacking' of any data or other unauthorised access to information provided by you for the purposes of the service.
16. To the extent permitted by law, the Clinic does not accept liability for any damage, loss, costs (including legal costs), expenses, indirect losses or consequential damage of any kind which may be suffered or incurred by you from the use of the service. If, for any reason, the Clinic is found to be liable to you for any damage or loss which arises as a result of your use of the service, the Clinic's liability shall be limited to the amount paid by you through the service or $100, whichever is the lesser.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
17. If the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 applies to your transaction you may have rights or remedies that are not excluded or limited by clause 16. If you are using the service for business purposes, the exclusions and limitations set out in clause 16 will apply and the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are hereby excluded.
Use/availability of service
18. The Clinic does not warrant or guarantee that the service and/or your use of the service will be error-free, immediate, virus free and/or continuously available or that the information provided through the service will be complete, accurate and/or up-to-date.
19. The Clinic reserves the right to suspend, amend or cancel the service at any time either temporarily or permanently.
Riccarton Clinic website terms and conditions
20. These Online payment terms form part of the Riccarton Clinic website terms and conditions of use, which apply to general website usage. By agreeing to comply with the Online payment terms you also agree to comply with the website terms and conditions of use. If there is a conflict between the website terms and conditions of use and these terms, the Online payment terms shall prevail.
21. You agree to indemnify the Clinic for any loss, cost or expense suffered or incurred by the Clinic as result of:
- Your breach of your obligations under the Online payment terms.
- Intentional misuse of the service.
- Your negligent acts or omissions.
- Any claim brought against the Clinic by a third party in relation to your use of the service.
22. The Online payment terms are governed by New Zealand law. The New Zealand Courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter in connection with the service and these Online payment terms.
Credit Card Information Security Policy
23. Riccarton Clinic uses the DPS Payment Express Payment Gateway for its online credit and debit card transactions. DPS processes online credit and debit card transactions securely for thousands of merchants globally, providing a safe and secure online payment service.
- Payments are processed in real time.
- Riccarton Clinic does not have access to your card number, this credit or debit card payment is secured by DPS.
- DPS have bank grade security. All transaction details are stored in their Payment Care Industry (PCI) Centre.
- DPS Payment Express software is certified with over 200 banks globally.
Visit the DPS Payment Express website for more info on credit and debit card payments.